Winery Heritage Tour & Fine Dining Lunch
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: McLaren Vale, SA
- Product code: WHT01
- Venture behind the scenes and tour our working winery
- Learn about the winemaking process from grape to glass
- Immerse yourself in the fascinating history and family heritage of Maxwell
- Explore our 100-year-old Lime Cave
- Enjoy a private guided-tasting of our wines amongst the barrels
- Taste Maxwell wines straight from the barrel and compare the different oaks they're maturing in
- Dine in our award-winning restaurant with a multi-course tasting menu lunch with matching wines
- Relish in the breathtaking views of the Fleurieu hills from your lunch table
- Minimum 2 people per tour.
Embark on a behind the scenes tour of our working winery and learn about the winemaking process - from the arrival of the grapes to the press, fermenting and blending methods adopted to produce our premium wines. Here, you’ll witness barrels of wine patiently waiting to mature and discover the fascinating process the winemaker goes through to make that call.
Whilst amongst the barrels, you’ll enjoy an exclusive private tasting experience and discover more about the fascinating history and heritage of Maxwell. You'll then have a rare opportunity to taste wine directly from the barrel to compare the oaks they are maturing in - just like a winemaker!
Our restaurant has some of the most impressive views in McLaren Vale, which you can admire whilst you indulge in Chef Fabian Lehmann's latest culinary masterpiece. Each course is carefully curated with seasonal and regional ingredients that are perfectly paired with wines from our current vintage, so you’re certain to uncover your new favourite drop.
Please note, this experience will be around 4.5 hours in total - finishing around 3.30 pm with your lunch at 12:30 pm.
This booking is subject to restaurant availability. Once you book online, we'll confirm your reservation via email within 24 hours.